Toll Free: 800-891-3100 Local: 503-685-5015 Fax: 503-682-9680 Email: [email protected]
FAWKES W/D2 BLADE STEEL
Named after the triumphant phoenix that appears in the popular Harry Potter series, the Fawkes is resurrected from knife designer Alan Folts’ scrapped material. Released as a special small batch run, it’s equipped with D2 blade steel, soaring above what you’d expect from any utility knife in performance and durability.
- Assisted Opening: Flipper deploys the blade fast
- Smooth Opening: IKBS™ ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smooth
- Superior Performance: D2 blade steel for excellent edge retention
- Exceptional Grip: Dual layer G10 handle provides grip in all conditions
- Easy Closing: Liner lock can be easily closed with one hand
- Low Profile: Deep carry clip rides low in the pocket
|Blade Length||2.74" (69.52 mm)|
|Blade Finish||Bead Blast|
|Blade Thickness||0.11" (2.90 mm)|
|Overall Length||6.50" (165.10 mm)|
|Closed Length||3.74" (95.07 mm)|
|Weight||3.00 oz. (85.05 g)|
|Style||Assisted Folding Knife w/Liner Lock|
How Assisted Opening Works
It's held securely closed in your pocket, but initiate the deployment, and part way through the rotation the blade opens at impressive speed for simple, powerful, one-handed opening.
When it comes to knives, Alan knows all about giving back to the people. He climbed the ranks in college by entering knives in art shows. Since then he’s been adamant about teaching and passing on the skills of custom knife making to others. He specializes in one-of-a-kind fixed blades that have great ergonomics and sleek futuristic designs, such as the top selling Folts Minimalist ® Series.